As you begin your journey, you may have these questions:
1. When Should We Commit? Weddings in the Pacific Northwest seem to fall predominantly between the months of April and September. The warmer summer months are typically the busiest. With many couples wanting to have their ceremonies outside and only so many weekends to do so, it's wise to schedule as early as possible. Historically, July and August are the very busiest months.
2. Is It Weird to Want to Meet Prior to Committing? Many couples will commit from having been referred by a friend or any of a number of venues listed. The short answer is Carroll is happy to meet to get acquainted and see if it's a good fit. The officiant you select will play a major role in setting the tone of your ceremony. Both bride and groom should feel good about their choice of person to direct and preside over such an important part of their celebration. It's recommended to meet as soon as possible.
3. Is Carroll Available for Rehearsal? Yes. Most brides will schedule a rehearsal at the ceremony venue a day or two prior. Carroll feels it's important to be present for at least two reasons. First of all, he will know the ceremony and is happy to be present to lead the rehearsal efficiently. And secondly, and perhaps more importantly, it gives opportunity for him to meet the families of the couple as well as the wedding party.
4. What About Cost? For ceremonies generally within the Portland-Vancouver metro area the average cost would be about $350. Carroll enjoys being present at the rehearsal and hasn't felt to ask for an additional fee for that. He is happy to travel further to your wedding site. . . but speak with him directly about any additional cost factors. The relationship, quality and warmth of your ceremony are of utmost importance to Carroll and that comes across in every aspect. 5. Can We Personalize Our Ceremony? Carroll enjoys working with a couple to assist them in creating a ceremony that will be "reflective of them.:" A sample packet of ceremony wordings is available directly from Carroll. There are many ways to "personalize" the ceremony. . .ie, special songs, readings, writing a letter to each other.
6. About the Marriage License ? Marriage Licenses are issued by each county within a state. And will be valid anywhere within that state normally for a period of sixty days. The ceremony must take place within that sixty day period. Important to note. . . you will need a Marriage License from the State where the wedding will take place.
7. Can Our Children Participate? Absolutely. If this is your situation. . . it can add a meaningful aspect to have children join Bride and Groom as they light the Candle of Unity. Or perhaps say some words and include a personal gift to them.